FIDlab offers a meeting place for discussing film projects selected from all over the world, in order to offer film-makers an opportunity to make useful contacts and network with producers, distributors, international sales agents, sponsors, and broadcasters.
Each year 10 international projects are selected, chosen with no specific format requirements regarding format, length, or subject matter, and including both fiction and documentary films whether they are at the writing stage, in production, or post-production.
FIDLab lasts for two days - visual and oral presentations are followed by one-to-one meetings.
Different from a market or a platform purely for promotion, FIDLab offers the professional audience a chance to see not only images (locations, rushes, first edits) but also artistic and film influences that may increase our understanding of the work in progress.
In a diverse, international context, FIDLab aims to reinforce projects chosen not only for their artistic and creative qualities, which coincide with the FIDMarseille’s editorial ethos, but also for their international potential and market accessibility.
The details of documents required to complete your application can be found on our website.
Online registration will be taken into consideration once these documents have been received.
Principles of the FIDLab
→ 10 film projects from all over the world selected by the FIDMarseille, at every stage of production.
→ Meeting between coproducers, distributors, production aid funds, or other potential fund providers for production, diffusion and distribution.
→ 2 days during the festival to arrange private meetings, and a personalized accompanying programme.
→ Visual presentation of the project during a meeting with the audience.
→ Awarding of a prize.
→ Any fiction film or documentary project
→ Projects coming from all over the world
→ At every stage of production: writing, making, post-production
→ Of any length, any format
→ The project must be brought in by a producer (film-makers can turn into producers)
• PANAVISION, the laureate will receive an asset of 10 000 euros on the camera hiring estimate of their next shooting. Beyond this endow, Panavision commits itself to support and accompany at the best of its abilities all the presented projects, regardless of their original country and the format the shooting may take.
• AIR FRANCE : In addition to the Panavision’s endow, Air France wish to participate to the FIDLab in the continuation of the support already given to the FIDMarseille by offering two long distance plane tickets to the laureate.
• The post-production society, LA PLANETE ROUGE, will offer to a project produced or co-produced by a french production company: 3 days of color grading and conform with color grading technician; 4 days of sound mix 5.1 with a sound engeneer; Master Print in HDCAM.
• The subtitling company SUBLIMAGE will subtitle the prize-winning project selected by FIDLab free of charge. (Translation / adaptation into one of these 3 languages: English, French, Spanish and subtitling localization).
• The post-product ion company VIDÉO DE POCHE will offer to the prize-winning project the creation of a DCP of the film. It will also offer a discount for the creation of DCP to all the selected projects
• A sixth and new prize will be endowed by AKADEMIE SCHLOSS SOLITUDE, which will offer a 3-month-residence fellowship from April to June 2015
• A seventh and new prize will be endowed by the CAMARGO FOUNDATION, residential center for artists, scholars and thinkers based in Cassis, which will welcome the awarded director from 4 to 8 weeks.
• COMMUNE IMAGE : Established in 2010, Commune Image is a cinematographic and audiovisual hub welcoming authors, filmmakers, production companies, and image and sound companies. They find here a dynamic work space that allows them to materialize all kind of projects, from development up to their theatrical, television or web release.
Variety and complementarity of talents and skills create this unique creative synergy. This structure offers a 2700m² space for creation, production and post-production, along with a catering and events room. Sharing skills to facilitate creation, this is our challenge
With the support of Eurimages, eave, Festivalscope and PRIMI